Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blue Rock BBQ









3001 Meridian Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124
(408) 978-2583

Blue Rock BBQ located in the small shopping outlet on Meridian Avenue, serves some authentic neighborhood BBQ. You can smell the BBQ once you leave your car. Once you walk in the decor is more modern that you were lead to believe. There are menus hanging on the wall. Mainly its BBQ and the many side dishes you can have.

I ordered the BBQ baby back ribs, dry style. You can order it wet with the BBQ sauce, but the sauce is at every dinning table and you can add as much as you want. I also ordered two sides, which were the potato salad and cole slaw.

The ribs itself was a bit of a disappointment. I guess the seasoning or dry rub was not to my liking. I'm more used to a sweet and smokey type of rub. I actually prefer the Memphis Dry Rub from Chili's over this dry rub. I liked the two sides, they both tasted fresh and homemade.



After getting over my disappointment with the ribs, I tried the Tennessee Pulled Pork Sandwich. To my surprise this was really good. The sauce was there only in a thin layer. The meat was well seasoned and had a good depth of flavor. The buns were even toasted which added a crispness to the sandwich.



For dessert, we tried the lemon bar. This was not bad, it was sweet and sour. It had a nice crust on the bottom, but it was a bit hard. Made it hard to cut or break. Though a bit of warning that this lemon bar is not for those on a diet. You can taste the richness and butter throughout.



Service is mainly self service, though they do bring you your order.

Final Thoughts: Go for the Tennessee Pulled Pork Sandwich, you won't be disappointed.

Food: 3 stars
Service: NA
Price: Average
Overall: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment